Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Books My Children and I Love

This entry is in addition to the required posts regarding children's literature. Both my children are still in their teens and I wanted to list their favorite books. It is of note that none of the books they chose were required reading in their high school classes. They are both voracious readers and although I may disagree with their choices(the ones I have actually read) it only goes to show how individual reading choices are!


One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez
Dune by Herbert
The Sandman by Gaiman
The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare
Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky



The Lovely Bones by Sebold
East of Eden by Steinbeck
The Stolen Child by Donohue
The Awakening by Chopin
Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee by Shields


Not than anyone asked, but, my five favorite books are:
In The Woods by French
In Cold Blood by Capote
Germinal by Zola
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Diamond
Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Goodwin.


No comments:

Post a Comment